Our R for Reporting and Dashboards training course is designed for teams looking to create reports and dashboards programmatically from R. Many users look to R and Shiny as an alternative to Tableau, ClickView or Microsoft’s PowerBI.
It will help you leverage business intelligence in reports and dashboards that your customers and colleagues will enjoy using – including on mobile devices.
We will cover the basics of preparing data for use with R and then introduce an array of data visualisation tools. At the end of the course, you will have the necessary skills to start building powerful reports and dashboards.
• Basics of the R language
• Advantages of RStudio
• Discovering, installing and using R packages
• Importing data from Excel, .csv, SPSS and SAS files
• Long vs Wide Data
• Data.frames, tibbles and tidy data
• Factors, Dates and other data types
• Designing print-quality charts with ggplot2
• Principles of effective data visualisation design
• Create interactive BI charts with plotly and highcharter
• Create GIF to communicate BI data over time
• Creating geoscatterplots
• Obtaining shapefiles to create choropleth
• Designing effective choropleth with leaflet
• Designing print-quality PDF reports
• Designing interactive reports for the web
• Simplify monthly/quarterly reporting with parameterised RMarkdown reports
• Basics of dashboard design with Shiny
• Creating data-driven controls in Shiny apps
• Integrating interactive dataviz into Shiny apps
• Basics of deploying Shiny apps to the web
This course is aimed at those that want to create reports or dashboards from existing R code or for teams who are considering replacing alternatives like Tableau and Microsoft PowerBI with Shiny. You’ll leave the course confident in users R to create clean, mobile-ready dashboards and reports.
"I enjoyed the in depth look into R with Shiny, and the course has given clarity over ways to improve reports, including the use of interactive charts through plotly and highcharter."
HS, Executive, R with Shiny, May 2021
Receive Tech Updates directly to your inbox