Our three-day course is an introduction to data science and the Python programming language, exploring many of the key libraries and tools commonly used in the financial services industry.
Aimed at finance professionals, the course builds real solutions for data analysis using Pandas, visualisation using Matplotlib and Plot.ly, and n-dimensional matrix manipulation and linear algebra using Numpy.
The course is run by instructors with experience in applying Python in finance, therefore adding value with highly relevant Labs and models.
• The Anaconda distribution as Python Data Science platform
• Overview on Python virtual environment set-up
• Running Python code in Jupyter notebook
• Built-in data types in Python
• Working with strings, numbers, lists, tuples and dictionaries
• Control flow statements
• Conditional execution with if statements
• Conditional loops with where statements
• Looping over a sequence with for statements
• Defining and using custom functions
• Working with dates and times
• Accessing data on file (CSV, JSON, ...)
• Working with data in pandas
• Retrieving data in pandas
• Data manipulation in pandas
• Handling missing data in pandas
• Data Analysis in pandas
• Data Visualisation in pandas
• Working with multiple tables
• Time Series with pandas
• Working with text data in DataFrames
• SQL databases
• Data Visualisation with matplotlib and plotly
This course is of benefit to Financial Traders, business analysts, quantitative analysts, sales and marketing, financial software developers and any professional seeking to perform data analysis.
Prior knowledge of Python is not required.
"I hadn't integrated Pandas with Python before joining my company. So it's very useful to consolidate my understanding of such skill via this course. The Jupyter notebooks provided will be a valuable resource for revising the materials and are really well laid out."
JL, Data Analyst, March 2021
Client feedback from Python training course:
Receive Tech Updates directly to your inbox