Our R for data analysts training course is designed for teams looking to replace or augment Excel, SPSS or SAS workflows with R.
It will help you gain a clear understanding of the principles of data analysis and wrangling, and how to use the versatile R programming language for data analysis.
We will cover many different data formats and topics, so you will have the skills necessary to start working in R with most types of data.
• Basics of the R language
• Advantages of RStudio
• Discovering, installing and using R packages
• Importing data from Excel, .csv, SPSS and SAS files
• Long vs Wide Data
• Data.frames, tibbles and tidy data
• Factors, Dates and other data types
• Summary statistics
• Cross-tabulation and hierarchical group summaries
• Quickly visualise and explore datasets with ggplot2
• Design effective data visualisations
• Create functions to automate repetitive tasks
• Use RMarkdown to create PDF, HTML and MS Word reports
• HTML and CSS basics for web scraping
• Extracting links with rvest
• Automating scraping with functions and parallel programming
• Creating geoscatterplots
• Obtaining shapefiles to create choropleth
• Designing effective choropleth with leaflet
This course is aimed at those who want to incorporate R into their data analysis and business intelligence, particularly to replace existing Excel-based workflows. You’ll leave the course confident in using R to empower business decisions and harnessing data to understand and better communicate with your customers
"I enjoyed customising the training based on our needs and implementing data similar to that which we deal with. The business intelligence section of the course was very useful and the trainer ran the course at a good pace."
ES, Assistant Executive, R for Data Analytics, May 2021
Receive Tech Updates directly to your inbox