This short Oracle Goldengate training course is aimed at Oracle database administrators, project managers, and solution architects who wish to extend their knowledge of GoldenGate. The student is assumed to be familiar with Oracle databases. No knowledge of GoldenGate is required.
Start with the installation and learn the design concepts and enhanced configuration of GoldenGate 12c. Exploit new 12c features to successfully implement GoldenGate on your enterprise. Dive deep into configuring GoldenGate for high availability and DDL support. Build fast, secure, robust, scalable technical solutions by tuning data delivery and networks
Oracle GoldenGate 12c Introduction
• Describing Oracle GoldenGate Files
• Contrasting Batch and Online Operation
• Explaining Change Capture and Delivery (with and without a Data Pump)
• Describing Commit Sequence Number (CSN)
• Describing Oracle GoldenGate Process Groups
• Explaining Initial Data Load
• Explaining Oracle GoldenGate Checkpointing
Installing Oracle GoldenGate
• Get help information on GGSCI commands
• Installing Oracle GoldenGate on Linux
• Identify the types of GGSCI commands available
• Using Obey Files and OS Shell
• Preparing the Operating System
• Running GoldenGate Commands from the GGSCI Prompt,
Configuration Overview and Preparing the Environment
• Describing the High-level Configuration Steps
• Preparing a Source Database for Transaction Capture
• Generating a Source Definitions File
• Configuring and Starting the Manager Process
• Configuring and Starting an Extract Process
• Adding Local and Remote Trails
• Marking Tables with TRANDATA
• Configuring and Starting an Extract Data Pump
• Describing the Extract Process
Configuring Initial Load
• Describing Oracle GoldenGate Initial Load Methods
• Describing a Variety of Database-specific Methods
• Explaining the Advantages of Oracle GoldenGate Methods
• Configuring an Initial Load using Oracle GoldenGate
• Describing Avoid and Handle Collisions Between Changes and the Initial Load Data
• Explaining the Replicat Process
• Explaining Adding, Configuring and Starting a Replicat Process
Extracting Trails and Files
• Reversing the Sequence of Operations in an Extract Trail or File to Back out Changes
• Investigating Different Formats
• Describing and Contrast Extract Trails and Files
• Viewing Extract Trails and Files with Logdump
Working with Parameters
• Describing Commonly-used Parameters for GLOBALS, Manager, Extract and Replicat
• Editing Parameter Files
• Contrasting GLOBALS with Process Parameters
Using Data Selection and Filtering
• Using SQLEXEC to Interact Directly with a Database
• Selecting and Filtering Data for Replication
• Using Built-in Functions
• Mapping Columns Between Different Schemas
Using Additional Transformation Concepts
• Setting and retrieving User Tokens
• Replicating Oracle Sequences
Setting Up DDL Replication
• Explaining DDL String Substitution
• Understanding the Concept of DDL Replication
• Explaining the Requirements for Oracle DDL Replication
• Describing GoldenGate Options for DDL Replication
See why people choose JBI
31/07/2018: Example programmes delivered: Professional Scrum Master PSM I Agile and Scrum These are 2 day courses which focus on understanding the agile/scrum...
10/02/2018: A leading Financial institution commissioned JBI to run a series of Agile/Scrum courses for various teams - inhouse. Pre-course consultation...
12/10/2017: The Graduate Programme provided a gateway into technology within investment banking. Graduates (Computer Science, Engineering, Maths, Physics...
11/01/2019: Cloud computing has entered its second decade and is still growing strongly. Gartner, for example, has forecast the global public cloud services...
02/01/2019: Microservices – some practical applications In today’s world you need to be able to quickly build and scale large applications – and microservice...
Bring a JBI course to your office
and train a whole team onsite
0800 028 6400 or request quote
Get in touch
0800 028 6400
Excellent feedback, consistently !
"great tips help reduce build times"
"we got access to exclusive content"
"Short course meant less time off"
"what an inspiring trainer !"
"colleagues at 2 sites joined via web"
"I passed my exam the next day"