Our iOS App development training course has been developed to give developers an intensive introduction to the key hardware features and APIs available to create Line of Business apps for iPhone and iPad. The course features extensive hands-on labs and exercises using the latest versions of XCode and iOS.
• Downloading, installing and setting up the developer tools
• Using Xcode, Interface Builder and Instruments
• Setting up a developer’s iPhone
• iPhone software emulator
• Object orientated programming basics
• ANSI-C and Objective C
• C functions and Objective C functions
• Overview of Objective C datatypes
• Class writing, sub-classing and inheritance
• Fields, methods and messaging
• Limitations of the iPhone
• Key practices for successful iPhone software development
• iPhone technologies and their uses
• Location, orientation, acceleration and system information
• Power management issues
• Project and asset management
• Project templates
• Coding, building and debugging
• NIB/XIB files
• Properties (PLIST)
• Elements of creating a basic user interface
• Library and inspector tools
• Sub-classing, setting outlets and actions
• Managing connections and bindings
• Writing class files
• Manually creating outlets, targets and actions in Xcode
• File’s owner and First Responder
• Allocating and releasing memory
• Release count
• Pointers and memory locations
• Optimising and finding memory leaks with Instruments
• What is the difference with Cocoa?
• Foundation, UIKit, the Media Layer and CoreServices
• UIWindow and the Event loop
• Abstract classes
• Common objects
• NSString and NSNumber
• NSDate and NSCalendar
• NSArray and NSMutableArray
• UITableView and dataSource
• Key paths and bindings
• Key-Value Coding and nil
• Active, static and passive controls
• Responding to taps, touches and gestures
• The Accelerometer
• Image views and text fields
• Managing the user-input keyboard
• Accessing web services
• Multimedia - sound and video using the media player
• Alerts and low memory methods
• Autorotation and Autosizing
• Multiviews, Tabs and Pickers
• User defaults
• Application sandbox and data persistence
• Controller objects
• Camera and photo-library
See why people choose JBI
05/10/2017: Back in March 2014, the Angular team dropped a bomb by announcing Angular 2 and everyone started yelling. Instead of an evolutionary step forward,...
05/10/2017: MVC The Model View Controller (MVC) architectural pattern has a long history (together with its variants) and has been used in many languages...
31/07/2018: Example programmes delivered: Professional Scrum Master PSM I Agile and Scrum These are 2 day courses which focus on understanding the agile/scrum...
08/01/2018: Knowing you need an app is one thing, making it happen should be as painless as possible. When a team of experienced developers needed to work...
16/11/2018: Data Analytics – the process of analysing data sets – enables organisations to make better-informed decisions. It’s a key focus in many businesses...
07/11/2018: Containerized applications are becoming very popular and it’s easy to understand why. They provide so many benefits to organisations, especially...
Bring a JBI course to your office
and train a whole team onsite
0800 028 6400 or request quote
Get in touch
0800 028 6400
Excellent feedback, consistently !
"great tips help reduce build times"
"we got access to exclusive content"
"Short course meant less time off"
"what an inspiring trainer !"
"colleagues at 2 sites joined via web"
"I passed my exam the next day"