EXCEPTIONAL TRAINING COURSES FOR IT PROFESSIONALS
LONDON UK | ONSITE | ONLINE
This is an intensive hands-on training course aimed at seasoned Node developers
The purpose of the course is to instil a deeper understanding of the language and best practices so as to allow delegates to feel confident that they are developing applications efficiently and optimally, using appropriate language, techniques, tools and test techniques.
Delegates will be introduced to theory and spend most of the time practicing the theory using specially developerd hands-on Labs.
- Recap of Intro and basics
assuming everyone is geting it.
needed for the rest of the course
- Functional techniques
- Map, Reduce and using first class functions. We'll talk a bit about what a
- Async techniques
- Basic async development programming techniques in Javasscript
- The hows and whys of promises
- Async await
- How to take what you know about promises and apply to the new async...await
- The event loop
- How it works and how interact with it. Difference between setTimeout,
setImmediate and process.nextTick etc
- The Node module system
- What you need to know to understand what happens when you use require
- Node Events
- How and when to use the EventEmitter and what its design decisions (eg
async dispatch) mean for you
- Node Streams
- Why they're there and what to use them for
- Error handling in node
- Handling errors in synchronous, callback based and promise based code and
how to make it all work together.
- Debugging with external debuggers
- How to connect an external debugger and when it's useful
- Node Performance
- Running a profiler
- Tour of testing libraries
- A quick tour thorugh what's available
- Testing techniques
- How to write tests for Node applications and what's different from other
- Isolation between tests
- Keeping your tests from messing with each other
- Testing async functions
- The various techniques for testing async code. We'll cover both async tests
and mocking of the async primitives to test async code with sync tests.
- How to mock the components of your application and libraries for isolated
testing without it being a total pain and without it leaking between tests
Optional Extras (1-2 days)
- Readers and Writers
- Implementing custom transforms
- Back pressure, what it is, why it's important and how to communicate it
- Stream based programming
ES6 and beyond
Advanced profiling and performance
- Using the various profilers available in node
- Interpreting their output
- Performance bottlenecks in node
- Advanced techniques writing faster code
See why people choose JBI
12/02/2018: Your choice of development framework will have long term repercussions for IT and corporate strategy for years to come. When migrating and upgrading...
16/01/2018: React vs Angular which framework best for my organisation Speed, security and extensibility are the hallmarks of a great web service, and your...
09/01/2018: Using HTML is a great way to build static web pages that hardly need any movement or adaptability, but every time a dynamic environment is required,...
06/02/2018: Originating from Facebook, React is a component based front-end library that allows you to build applications out of a tree of small, testable,...
08/01/2018: Knowing you need an app is one thing, making it happen should be as painless as possible. When a team of experienced developers needed to work...
Bring a JBI course to your office
and train a whole team onsite
0800 028 6400 or request quote
Get in touch
0800 028 6400
Excellent feedback, consistently !
"great tips help reduce build times"
"we got access to exclusive content"
"Short course meant less time off"
"what an inspiring trainer !"
"colleagues at 2 sites joined via web"
"I passed my exam the next day"