EXCEPTIONAL TRAINING COURSES FOR IT PROFESSIONALS
LONDON UK | ONSITE | ONLINE
Our Android porting training course shows how to port Android to a typical embedded hardware platform. It is intended for engineers who are starting out with a fresh Android implementation or who need to understand and modify an existing one. During the hands-on sessions attendees use the source code from the Android OpenSource Project (AOSP) and go through the steps of implementing Android on a common development board with an ARM Cortex A series processor. Emphasis is on understanding how the Android build system works and which components need tobe modified to suit particular hardware.
• Introduction to Android; review of open source licenses: GPL/LGPL, Apache, etc.
• Selecting a toolchain
• Getting and building the AOSP (repo, lunch, make)
• Begin creating a new board definition which will be used through the rest of the course
• Review of the Android kernel additions
• Merging the Android patches with an existing kernel BSP
• Kernel configuration options
• Adding the kernel to the board definition
• Overview of Android boot
• Selecting a bootloader and flash memory partition scheme
• Creating main and recovery boot images
• Customising the init.rc boot script and system properties
• Overview of the Android HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer)
• Lights, sensors
• Configuring frame buffer driver, LCD and HDMI interfaces
• 3D graphics support: libEGL, GL ES 1.1/2.0
• The input layer: touch screens, mice, keyboards and keypads
• Input device configuration files: /system/usr/idc.
• Keyboard and button devices. gpio-buttons
• Single and multi touch. The multi-touch protocol input event protocol
• The audio HAL: libaudio
• Configuring ALSA sound drivers
• Video sources: camera devices and other inputs
• The Video 4 Linux framework
• Overview of integrating network devices into Android
• Wifi devices
• Wired Ethernet devices
• Bluetooth devices
• Power states and transitions
• Using wake locks to prevent the system going into sleep mode
• Operating on mains vs battery; managing battery charge and discharge cycles
See why people choose JBI
05/10/2017: Back in March 2014, the Angular team dropped a bomb by announcing Angular 2 and everyone started yelling. Instead of an evolutionary step forward,...
05/10/2017: MVC The Model View Controller (MVC) architectural pattern has a long history (together with its variants) and has been used in many languages...
10/02/2018: A leading Financial institution commissioned JBI to run a series of Agile/Scrum courses for various teams - inhouse. Pre-course consultation...
08/01/2018: Knowing you need an app is one thing, making it happen should be as painless as possible. When a team of experienced developers needed to work...
27/02/2018: Mariella has put together this short briefing on the bookmarks functionality in Power BI... "I love it!" she says.. Bookmarks has been available...
27/02/2018: Our world is changing; this is hardly anything new. New startups emerge consistently, almost on a daily basis, each claiming to have the latest...
Bring a JBI course to your office
and train a whole team onsite
0800 028 6400 or request quote
Get in touch
0800 028 6400
Excellent feedback, consistently !
"great tips help reduce build times"
"we got access to exclusive content"
"Short course meant less time off"
"what an inspiring trainer !"
"colleagues at 2 sites joined via web"
"I passed my exam the next day"