Using TSO / ISPF and PDF Editor Training Course Course
|| On demand - enquire
|Onsite||Enquire about bringing this course to your offices|
|Who should attend:
||Those users who are new to the IBM environment and need to use the ISPF/PDF facilities for program development or those who are converting from another IBM mainframe environment. Programmers who may be about to embark on different types of projects where they will be using the mainframe for program development and testing.
||Knowledge of basic z/OS MVS Concepts.
This course provides material and exercises on the facilities provided by the ISPF Program Development Facility running under the z/OS operating system and TSO. It is used mainly to develop, maintain and test programs.
This course has been developed for real-world, commercial scenarios by our expert instructors. See below for detailed syllabus. If you have a technical question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What you will learn
1. Use the PDF editor with a degree of efficiency
2. Understand the use of EDIT Profiles
3. Use the more common options in ISPF especially the Utilities
4. Use the BROWSE/VIEW facility and understand the difference between them
5. Use the ISPF Help facility
6. Navigate through the ISPF facilities by using the menus, fastpaths and split screens
7. Submit Jobs and view their output
8. Customise PF key settings
Using TSO / ISPF and PDF Editor Training Course Syllabus
Overview of TSO / ISPF and PDF Editor
The TSO Environment
Introduction to ISPF
TSO Data Sets
The PDF Editor