Build Rock Solid Professional Enterprise Level Back End Applications With JavaEE'S Latest Features
Our JavaEE training course will show you how to build end to end applications using JEE best practices, design patterns, and technologies to ensure that you get a performant, scalable JEE applications. The course is constantly updated to reflect the latest trends and best practices in JEE developmen,and is delivered by leading figures in the Java world.
JBI have been running Java courses since the language first came out in the mid 1990's and we feel well equipped to add value.
Java has taken the IT industry by storm over the past few years and there are now thousands of developers using it as their language of choice. This course offers existing Java developers further skills which will enable them to exploit the enterprise elements of this very capable programming environment.
Our JEE 7 training course provides an overview of the latest Java EE architecture, and intensive hands-on experience in the development and implementation of scalable distributed applications using Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB 3), Java Persistence Architecture (JPA) and Java Server Page (JSP) technologies – including Java Server Faces (JSF) and possibilities for integration with Web 2.0-enabling techniques like AJAX.
What you will learn
1. How to build a modern web presentation tier, exploiting the latest JSF components and integrating rich client techniques.
2. How to build better and simpler EJBs with EJB 3 and annotation techniques.
3. How to leverage XML with better programming techniques and easier creation of web services.
4. How to improve access to relational data with the Java Persistence API.
5. How to manage transactions and security in a Java EE environment.
6. Assess vanilla Java EE versus popular framework alternatives.
Hands On Exercises
Delegates receive hands-on experience of building Java EE applications, including:
1. Building JSF components for web presentation, and integrating these into a fully working application.
2. Managing security and transactions in a full-blown application server environment.
3. Writing a business tier incorporating new-style Enterprise Java Beans.
4. Experiencing the ease with which the business tier can be transformed into a web service layer.
5. Creating a JPA mapping layer to an existing relational database.
6. Exploring Java Messaging Services for synchronous and asynchronous application communication.
Part 1: Web Development with JEE 7
· The JEE Environment
· System Architecture Servlets
· Servlets and HTTP Requests
· The HTTP Servlet Model
· The MVC Architecture
· The HTTP Servlet Lifecycle
· Writing and Running HTTP Servlets
· Forwarding and Including
· Request Parameters
· Servlet Initialization and Context Parameters
· Web Application State and Session Management
· Using annotations in JEE 6
· Asynchronous processing (supports Ajax)
· How JSPs work
· Creating a Java Server Page
· Web application architecture
· JSP and XML Elements
· Request Dispatching
· Implicit Objects
· Error Handling
· Custom Tags and Tag Libraries
· JSP Expression Language
· EL expressions
· Variables and Functions
· The JSF Life Cycle
· Standard JSF Tags
· JSF Expressions
· Creating and Using Beans
· Navigating JSF Pages
· Input Conversion
· Input Validation
· Event Handling
· Using Ajax with JSF
· Using Templates
· Accessing beans using CDI
Part 2: Business Development with JEE 7
· Context Dependency injection in JEE
· Managing beans using CDI
· Wiring CDI beans
· Working with Decorators and Interceptors
· Why EJBs?
· The EJB Architecture and Container
· Overview of EJB 3.2
· Types of EJBs
· Creating and using Session Beans
· Message Driven Beans
· Using EJBs in the middle tier
· Singleton beans
· Asynchronous operations
· Concurrency annotations
· Integrating Spring and EJBs
· Overview of JPA and providers
· Entity Managers
· Using JPA annotations
· The Bean Validation Framework
· Modelling associations
· Modelling inheritance
· Using JPQL for queries
· Controlling transactions
· Using other providers (e.g. Hibernate)
Onsite Courses - Bring a JBI Training Course to your offices.
We can bring this course onsite and run at your offices, anywhere in the UK or worldwide. Not only is this more convenient, as your team does not need to travel any further than normal - it can save your organisation time and money.
Course content, Labs and duration can be personalised to your team’s needs, to ensure the course is highly relevant and maximises the Return On Investment for your Organisation.
We can also discuss provision of hardware and/or software to save you setting up the environment.
Initially, a technical sales consultant will discuss course content with you and then arrange for the instructor to go through the course content in detail in order to ensure that your expectations will be met in full.
Please call 0800 028 6400 to discuss your your requirements with a technical consultant, or complete the form opposite and ask for an ONSITE quote