This course has been developed for real-world, commercial scenarios by our expert instructors. See below for detailed syllabus. If you have a technical question, please email email@example.com
What You Will Learn
3. How to detect and respond to user actions.
4. Alter, show, hide and move objects on a web page.
5. Check information inputted into a form.
6. How to use CSS (Cascading Stylesheets).
Hands On Exercises
1. Program flow of control e.g. if statements.
2. Change attributes of objects on an HTML page.
3. Validation of form input.
4. Use CSS to manipulate layout e.g. borders, fonts.
5. Pop-up Window handling.
6. Dynamically alter appearance of text
7. Animate content on a web page.
8. Event trapping (e.g. mouse event).
9. Context-sensitive help exercise.
Part 1 Introduction
Event driven code
Part 2 Programming Language - basics
Part 3 Programming Language - structure
Loops & Decision structures
Error handling - try, catch, finally, throw
Part 4 Dialog boxes
Part 5 Objects
Date, Math, String
Booleans and other ‘types’
Arrays of Objects
Part 6 DOM
The DOM (Document Object Model)
Navigating the DOM
Differences in DOM coding standards
Layout with CSS
Visible/hidden screen areas
Form manipulation & validation