EXCEPTIONAL TRAINING COURSES FOR IT PROFESSIONALS
LONDON UK | ONSITE | ONLINE
Our OBIEE training course is aimed at developers and power-users who wish to create their own reports and dashboards using Oracle BI EE 11g Enterprise Edition. We run this course as a consultative, workshop-style event, in which discussion of relevant topics takes place in relation to the delegates' own applications and scenarios.
• Introduction to Oracle BI
• Architecture overview
• Introduction to Oracle BI Analysis Editor
• Oracle BI column types
• Working with analyses in Oracle BI
• Using advanced formatting
• Introduction to filters and selections
• Creating, editing, and grouping filters
• Adding prompts to analyses
• Dynamic filtering
• Using saved analyses as filters
• Creating groups
• Creating calculated items
• Creating selection steps
• Setting analysis properties
• Combining analysis criteria by using set operations
• Executing direct database analyses
• Editing logical SQL generated by an analysis
• Creating a link to a saved analysis
• Creating an Excel Web Query file
• Maintaining the Oracle BI Presentation Catalog in the Catalog page
• Oracle BI and catalog security overview
• Managing security using roles
• Understanding security inheritance
• Setting object permissions
• Setting system privileges
• Archiving catalog items
• Introduction to views, graphs, and editors
• Working with views in Compound Layouts
• Creating and editing graphs
• Linking master-detail views
• Performing common view tasks
• Introduction to Gauge views
• Working with Gauge views
• Introduction to Map views and their components
• Creating and editing Map views
◦ Introduction to KPIs
◦ Creating KPIs, setting trending, dimensionality, and thresholds
◦ Introduction to KPI Watch lists
◦ Creating a KPI Watch list
◦ Introduction to pivot tables
◦ Creating, arranging, and formatting a pivot table
◦ Using hierarchical columns
◦ Sorting in pivot tables
◦ Setting aggregation and using totals
◦ Showing an item's relative value
◦ Building calculations and displaying running sums
◦ Introduction to dashboards and dashboard pages
◦ Creating and editing dashboards
◦ Using the Dashboard Builder
◦ Exploring dashboard object properties and options
◦ Publishing dashboard pages
◦ Creating personal customisations and using other page options
◦ Configuring Oracle Business Intelligence Dashboards
◦ Types of dashboard content
◦ Embedding content in dashboards
◦ Overview of variables
◦ Introduction to dashboard prompts and prompt types
◦ Adding a named dashboard prompt to a dashboard
◦ Adding a hidden named dashboard prompt to a dashboard
◦ Creating additional prompt page and setting page preferences
◦ Variables and prompts
◦ Adding variable prompts to a dashboard
◦ Introduction to Oracle BI Delivers
◦ Configuring delivery devices and adding delivery profiles
◦ Introduction to Alerts
◦ Adding an Alert Section to a dashboard
◦ Overview of Agents
◦ Configuring an Agent
◦ Using Analysis and KPI conditions to deliver content with Agents
◦ Subscribing to an Agent
◦ Introduction to Oracle BI Office Add-in
◦ Working with Oracle BI content in Microsoft Office applications
◦ Working with Oracle Business Intelligence Briefing Books
◦ Adding content to Briefing Books
◦ Editing Briefing Books
◦ Downloading and viewing Briefing Books
◦ Adding a list of Briefing Books to a dashboard
◦ Using Briefing Books with Oracle BI Delivers
See why people choose JBI
03/10/2017: Traditionally Cyber security has been associated mainly with penetrating networks and infrastructure. Now a more subtle level of attack needs...
05/10/2017: MVC The Model View Controller (MVC) architectural pattern has a long history (together with its variants) and has been used in many languages...
05/10/2017: Back in March 2014, the Angular team dropped a bomb by announcing Angular 2 and everyone started yelling. Instead of an evolutionary step forward,...
11/10/2017: The training was to target a team of developers, with a mix of Java, C# and some C++. The team made heavy use of Java SE with some elements of...
05/10/2017: The BBC, who have a very substantial investment in technology, were keen to improve the quality of software development: to instil developers...
03/10/2017: When a leading High Street Retailer (and purveyor of fine foods) recognised that teams of software engineers were writing overcomplicated and...
Bring a JBI course to your office
and train a whole team onsite
0800 028 6400 or request quote
Get in touch
0800 028 6400
Excellent feedback, consistently !
"great tips help reduce build times"
"we got access to exclusive content"
"Short course meant less time off"
"what an inspiring trainer !"
"colleagues at 2 sites joined via web"
"I passed my exam the next day"