Introduction to Business Process and Systems Analysis (BPA) using UML Training Course
|Onsite||Enquire about bringing this course to your offices|
|Who should attend:
||Business Consultants, Business Analysts, Business Process Engineers, System Analysts, Anyone who is involved in analysing and producing a model of business processes.
Business and Systems analysis has traditionally used data flow diagrams, entity relationship diagram and flow charts. Modern methods use the Unified Modelling Language where these diagrams are replaced by use case, activity and class diagrams. This area of topics is also often referred to as Business Process Analysis (BPA) or Business Process Modelling. Our course will teach you how to analyse and model business processes using industry standard extensions to UML, in order to improve and increase productivity. Analysts can use UML / Business Analysis methods to model both the current state of an enterprise and its intended future state. To move from the current state to the future state may or may not require IT developments, although it is common.
This course has been developed for real-world, commercial scenarios by our expert instructors. See below for detailed syllabus. If you have a technical question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What you will learn
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
1. The basics and necessary detail of the Unified Modelling Language.
2. How to create a hierarchic model of business processes.
3. How to model the detail of a business process.
4. How to build a business entity data model.
5. How to model business structure.
6. How to specify human resources requirements for business workers.
7 How to map the business model into system requirements.
1. Create a business use case diagram.
2. Detail a business use case with an activity diagram.
3. Create a class diagram of business data entities
4. Create class diagrams of business worker line and operational responsibility.
5. Map the model into system use cases
Introduction to BPA - Business Process and Systems Analysis using UML Training Course Outline
Unified Modelling Language
Business Process Modelling
An Incremental Process for Modelling
Defining Business Processes
Modelling Hi-level and Group Processes
Business Use Cases and Business Actors
Business Use Case Diagrams
The Business Modelling Process
Business Process Modelling Workshop
Detailing the Business Use Case
Writing a Textual Description
Activities and Transitions
Selection and Iteration
Swimlanes and Objects
Hierarchy and Concurrency
Business Use Case Workshop
Modelling Business Structure
Business Structure Workshop
Mapping into System Requirements
Business versus System Use Cases
Mapping Actors and Use Cases
Mapping Business Workers
Mapping the Business Entity Model
Creating and Mapping 'Automated' Workers