SQL Server 2012 Training Course: Comprehensive DBA & Programming Upgrade
||5 August, 3 days, £1195 + VAT
9 December, 3 days, £1195 + VAT
7 April, 3 days, £1195 + VAT
|Onsite||Enquire about bringing this course to your offices|
|Who should attend:
||Database professionals who need to get quickly up to speed with the powerful new features of Microsoft SQL Server 2012
||Experience of creating and managing database solutions in SQL Server, including basic Transact-SQL programming.
The full Comprehensive Upgrade, primarily aimed at SQL Server Developers and Database Administrators will give delegates intensive hands-on experience of utilising the new features of SQL Server 2012. Relational Database professionals from backgrounds such as Oracle and Sybase should also gain a lot from this course.
This course has been developed for real-world, commercial scenarios by our expert instructors. See below for detailed syllabus. If you have a technical question, please email email@example.com
- Learn the key new and enhanced features in SQL Server 2012.
- Learn to install SQL Server 2012.
- Learn to use enhanced tools and PowerShell support to manage SQL Server 2012.
- Learn to use enhanced Transact-SQL and storage capabilities to develop SQL Server 2012 databases.
- Learn to use new and enhanced performance capabilities to optimize a SQL Server 2012 database.
- Learn to use new availability and data recovery technologies to provide high availability.
- Learn to use new and enhanced security capabilities in SQL Server 2012.
- Learn to use SQL Azure.
- Learn new Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities in SQL Server 2012.
- Introducing SQL Server 2012
- Overview of SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server 2012 Editions and Components
- Installing SQL Server 2012
- Installation Options and Requirements
- Installing SQL Server
- Deploying SQL Server in a Private Cloud
- Lab: Installing SQL Server
- Installing a SQL Server 2012 Named Instance
- Performing Post-Installation Setup and Checks
- Lab: Using a Data-Tier Application in a Private Cloud Scenario
- Creating a Data-Tier Application
- Deploying a Data-Tier Application
- Managing SQL Server 2012
- Enhancements to SQL Server Management Studio
- New and Enhanced Dynamic Management Views
- Using PowerShell to Manage SQL Server
- Lab: Managing SQL Server
- Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Developing SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Transact-SQL Enhancements
- New and Enhanced Transact-SQL Functions
- Enhancements to Spatial Data Support
- Storing and Querying Documents
- Lab: Developing SQL Server Databases
- Using Sequence Objects
- Using the THROW Statement
- Implementing Paging
- Querying Documents
- Performance and Tuning Enhancements
- Performance Optimization Tools
- Enhancements to Indexing
- Lab: Optimizing SQL Server Performance
- Creating a Columnstore Index
- Using a Columnstore Index
- Updating a Table with a Columnstore Index
- High Availability and Data Recovery Enhancements
- AlwaysOn High Availability
- Enhancemenst to Data Recovery
- Lab: Using AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Creating an AlwaysOn Availability Group
- Using an AlwaysOn Availability Group
- Observing Availability Group Failover Behavior
- Implementing Security in Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Security Management Enhancements
- Contained Databases
- Lab: Implementing Security
- Implementing user-Defined Server Roles
- Implementing Contained Databases
- Extending Data Solutions to the Cloud
- Introduction to SQL Azure
- Working with SQL Azure
- Lab: Using SQL Azure
- Creating a Database in SQL Azure
- Using SQL Server Management Studio with SQL Azure
- Overview of BI Enhancements in SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server 2012 for Data Warehousing
- SQL Server 2012 for Business Intelligence
- Lab: Exploring BI Features
- Using PowerPivot
- Using Power View